Tuesday, June 17, 2008

wave

-1waves crashing down,
no one here to help,
"SAve us, Save us!" I scream,
I pray, I yelp.

-5No one here to hear,
not a soul in sight.
I hold onto my children,
with all of my might.

-9 "Who dares challenge me?"
the wind bellows down,
"Don't you dare smile,
don't you dare frown.

-13 "You can't leave, you can't hide,
you're stuck on the roof,
like a little beetle,
stuck under my hoof.

-17 "SO vulnerable you are,
so alone you are,
your loved ones there,
but all love is far.

-21 from the French quarters,
to the up and urban,
from the levees under me,
to the street of Bourbon.

-25 Little love be there,
and yet, you stay.
Tell me why you've resisted leave,
before your life I fray.

-29 She had only one answer,
plain and true,
for no one could prove her wrong,
not I or you.

-33 "It's Home" she simply said,
"I wouldn't dare go,
so take me now,
and Peace here will be so."

-37 And so is the story,
of the corpses on the house,
In New Orleans by the River,
where death was like a louse. -40

No comments: