Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Free Me Willy

Dedicated: To my Dear, my Wind, my forever Yellow
To you, YellowCoat. -NN
-1 Towers, do they melt the heart,
or do they turn it to stone?
I believe they're beautiful,
even though I'm trapped behind them.
-5 I feel safe, though, confident,
I wished never to give thse up,
to lose their comfort, their protection,
the safety they place inside me.
-9 My rock, my asylum,
My my sanctuary, my peace,
my creme', my yan,
the cheese in my cake... wait, what?
-13 well, however you put it,
I find them beautiful,
strong, but peaceful,
safe but gently.
-17 I remember them beng warm, comforting,
as I slipped inside,
to forever lose sight of what was outside,
to be locked inside of close encounters.
-21 When the guards outside shut the door,
I found my last image of the world beautiful,
Swirling shades of blue and yellow,
in a tango of nature.
-25 after that, it was dark,
so heavily dark,
I couldn't make out anything farther than an outstretched hand,
so close, so far.
-29 and It felt amazing,
the dark was so thick,
it wrapped around me,
so heavy, it even tasted sweet, like chocolate.
-33 I could swear it wrapped around me,
as if in a hug, maybe an embrace,
for darkness is so very lonely,
so often forgetten, left out.
-37 I mean, It's there when we sleep,
but we're sleeping, we're unconcious,
we don't care if darkness wants to chat, say hi,
even when it begs us to listen.
-41 That night, as I walked up to my room,

And I wrapped up in a blanket to sleep in,

I listened to the dark,

And what it had to say.

-45 So many tales, so many stories,

Triumphs, failures, victories, miseries,

I trailed off into my dreams as it continued on,

And I would have stayed asleep.

-49 I had remembered, though,

The guards had told me there’d be no blankets for bed.

I jolted forward,

Waking from my slumber.

-53 There was a thin blanket around me,

It was quite clear,

But, what was it?

Had the guards lied?

-57 Sure enough, when I tried to feel it,

It evaporated into the thin air,

And, somehow, I stayed warm,

And, again, I felt dark’s embrace.

-61 Am… am I mad?

Have I gone insane?

I feel darkness wrap around me,

As I lay in a bed,

-65 Locked away behind the walls of a tower,

towering over me, all around me.

Maybe it was the look,

The darkness’, of course.

-69 I mean, he had eyes,

Yes, darkness is a he,

Um, I call him Willy,

Because I can’t will him to be here, he just is.

-73 I remember… Blue, yes,

They were blue eyes,

Swirling amazing, yes,

They were amazing.

-77 Whenever I went to bed,

Willy was there,

With a story, with comfort,

Even a blanket of warmth.

-81 I would always drift off to sleep then,

As he told these tales of his,

From his youth,

From his childhood.

-85 In the towers, there was a breeze,

A faint one, but there no doubt,

And sometimes, when darkness was dormant,

I would listen to its voice.

-89 The wind’s voice is so much sweeter than dark’s,

Like rose sugar or wine,

While the dark was more like chocolate,

Heavy, but still tasty.

-93 It weaved through the towers,

Slinking through every knick and knack,

Every corner, every crack,

Luring me to follow.

-97 Sometimes, I did, just for the fun.

I’m so sorry willy,

I let my curiosity come over me,

Take me, consume me, like you’d once done.

-101 I followed the Wind’s pull,

As it luired me to the walls,

Where the cold stones brushed up against my skin,

Alien, unwanted, harsh.

-105 It was weird, but, light, it was coming back,

Sight…? I could see!

It was so dork, I was only moving with the floor,

Mapping my surroundings.

-109 But, now I could see,

It was strange, but wind lured me to light,

Heavenly, pure, loving light,

Forgiving, innocent, caring light!

-113 Light? Yes, it was there,

The darkness was fading away.

Willy was fading,

My mind, right then, started to blur.

-117 His once blue eyes now turned to paleness,

Misty and dead.

His warmth, soothing and eerie,

Was now burning and unforgiving.

-121 My head felt heavier now,

Pressing down on my neck,

The hot biting at me now,

Nibbling bits out of me.

-125 I had held in this gasp for a long time,

But I let it out then,

And I guess Wind had heard me,

For he blew out Willy’s invisible candle.

-129 I was burning no more,

His eyes had blinked its last,

His hot breath no longer on my neck,

I head, no longer, his voice.

-133 I saw the window out ahead,

Where Wind had lured me,

Had I seen it sooner,

I would’ve come home.

-137 But, nonetheless, here I was,

At a window, far away from the dark,

Light, filling me up,

Helping me out of a hole of no escape.

-141 So, I asked wind, “How do I jump?

How do I jump out of a hole in which you can’t escape?”

He answered with a whisper,

“Don’t jump in.”

-145 He faded, lingering by my side,

Winding between my fingers,

And, as I had felt dark’s embrace,

I felt his, wind’s, light’s.

-149 So, here I am,

Sitting right beside you,

The doctor said I could go home tomorrow,

And I’ll be all better.

-153 I guess I saw the window all along,

I just never cared to go.

Until the day I did,

I’d blocked it out with Willy.

-157 I guess you can say I’m over him,

I believe it’s true.

I mean, it’ll still hurt for a while,

But, lesson learned, I feel nothing for him.

-161 Now, I cherish something else,

Life before the towers,

Swirling shades of Blue,

Eyes that have been there all along.

-165 Yellow, beautiful yellow,

Such a strong color, for happiness,

And as long as he’s here with me,

Yellow will suit me just fine. -168

No comments: