Friday, September 12, 2008

Virus (how to forget)

-1 I am a virus,
not living, not being,
just wandering about,
waiting for a moment,
-5 praying for a sigh,
Just waiting...
Waiting...
If only I had wings,
-9 if only I could soar,
to be something better,
to be something else.
I'd rather not be a virus,
-13 slurking around,
causing nothing but bother,
ignorance, annoyace,
to be something new.
-17 but, here I am,
just a pest,
a piece of shit in this life,
needing to be squashed,
-21 before I infest,
before I become something,
anything!
Before it's too late to turn back.
-25 Here you are, again,
staring at my form,
disgust, confusion,
uncertainty.
-29 I wait, I wait,
for an opportunity,
for a hope,
a prayer!
-33 and, yet,
look where that has taken me?
I sit here,
in the corner,
-37 longing for a glance,
a notice, a sign of acceptance,
a reality too far for me,
as you walk away.
-41 So simple, it was,
just to walk, to prance,
to be free from anxiety,
to feel giddy and full of joy.
-45 if only I could see that,
if only I could live to tell a happy ending,
maybe even an ending in general,
maybe... just maybe,
-49 maybe not.
I sit here, all alone,
no comfort, no returning favors,
for I am just a virus.
-53 I pass by many opportunities,
good ones, bad ones,
charmatic, miraculous,
some undescribable.
-57 and, yet, I wait,
I wait for someone,
something, ANYTHING,
to accept me for ME.
-61 As I wait,
I will pass by many,
As I pass by this,
As I pass by you. -64

No comments: