Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Shadows of Silence (May Silence Be Forgotten)

-1 Do you ever feel alone?
As if no one in this world or the next is watching you?
Are you ever, truly, alone?
How does it feel to know that you're safe from another's eyes?
-5 I've never felt alone, I cant,
He won't let me.
Wherever I go, he follows, stalking from a distant corner,
or even right on my heels, but he's there.
-9 I almost escaped one time,
It was my choice, My time to really have a choice,
I could have told him to evade, to fade away,
to get lost, to leave me be.
-13 Oh, god, why am I so nice?
I couldn't tell someone to get lost,
They'd never find themselves after,
Melody's raft would just be white noise.
-17 So now this being follows me, stalks me,
He's almost like a shadow,
And I used to have a light to shine so that he'd go away,
But it blinded me from reality, burned the wit from my mind.
-21 In a dark hall, I feel I'm not alone,
I know I 'm not alone,
I'm with people I know, just lounging about,
wasting days with drawn out sighs and hysterical laughter.
-25 That's when someone next to me plays a tune,
Just sings it out without a care,
It's hypnotic, being sung out loud, everyone else not caring.
but it's sending its voice out to me with its lyrics.
-29 The melody rings in my ear,
as the whispers following are his -warm, welcoming-
Arms wrapping around me as my body hums to the tune,
Swaying with the melody's lure.
-33 But it just stops, everything,
So fast, so sudden, like a snap,
The arms just simply disapear, the music cuts off,
And the warm hums turn to cold goosebumps.
-37 The once friendly faces now turn harsh,
The light flicker off and on, like a strobe,
The faces start to evaporate, one by one,
and his voice fades out to a hushed breeze.
-41 That's when the shadow creeps over,
Just a dark faded fog, inching closer,
The bumps grow more, welcoming him over,
Though I pray they don't.
-45 The dark curls of shadow creep up,
and almost as if planned, my bumps are ridden,
in seconds, the skin is like porcelain,
smooth, delicate, and cold.
-49 ANd its shadows curled around the porcelain,
caressing, smoothly, in the embrace it prays to take,
As the porcelain warms at its touch,
loosening its shallow cold, only to lose again.
-53 As the shadow consumes the fragile skin,
I hear the tune once again, its warmth muffled by the fade,
So all I hear is a beat, almost technologic,
A bass, a beat, and notes.
-57 It somehow reminds me that I still have that choice,
I can escape this monster and return to that warmth,
The music, the hums of color, the life,
Or I can fade into the shadows once again.
-61 Once before, darkness crept inside me,
Once before, I was blinded, burned by the light,
Now I choose the curling shadows at my side,
or may the melody be sung? -64 -NN

No comments: