Wednesday, May 7, 2008

the Enemy

-1 Thou Call me mad?
Hearken! thou cannot note the slightest,
the daintiest form of madness,
for art be vein like the night sky,
-5 keeping all light for itself.
I shall say this only one time,
for I repeat myself not.
I have spoken my name already,
-9 take note of my pronunciation,
of my calm expression.
I admit, you found me in my room, my wrist cut,
my corpse cold, banished from comfort.
-13 I was brought here, to this institution,
here to be interrogated,
to be a victim of insanity,
exiled, and labeled as mad.

-17Now, thy claim my mind crippled?
Quaff thou deviled schemes,
rid yourself from your horrid thoughts,
or, rend my presence from this hell.
-21 If it wasn't for her,
I'd be here not!
If it not be her actions that caused me to appear here,
whose would it be?
-25She, her spirit be tainted,
her corpse be damned,
she, her soul be forsaken,
is the start of it all.
-29 With a wing over her head,
and a poison with her touch,
she befriends those with persuasion,
only to bring them down.

-33 First, seeing me a year ago in Berlin,
afraid, I was, of her presence,
her face so calm, so peaceful,
it might bring the world to ashes.
-37Soon vexed, hypnotized by her words,
we became to be friends,
reserved as it is,
and pleasant as it sounds.
-41 She soon moved on to wooing,
flirting, twisting my every thought and feeling,
she became the apple of my eye,
spontaneous, and yet, predictable.
-45 she was but a friend,
But, she yearned to be more.
I gave in to her illusions,
and, still, you claim ME mad?

-49 thou must be mad yourself,
she started all of this mess,
this blur of confusion,
this unsetting misfit of perfection.
-53 Trust was in my reach,
pleasant as it felt in my mind,
But, then, she turned,
as if by a calling.
-57 We must all know of her calling,
though it be rationable, or pitiful,
She must've seen something unsure,
misplaced, or something.
-61 well, as it looks as if you will never listen,
heed my words,
keep your friends ever so close,
but keep your enemies closer. -64

No comments: